Traditional estate planning is popularly defined as:
I want to give what I have to who I want, the way that I want, at the lowest possible cost.”
The focus on money threatens the healthy balance of beneficiaries and the well-being of family. The risk of harm is high. Trusts and outright gifts that do not address the issues of balance and health for loved ones can have devastating impacts on their lives and careers.
The Family Trust Institute’s legacy planning approach applies the secrets of the biggest, longest lasting family legacies, including the Rothschild and Fugger families. We understand and have empathy for children born to circumstances the world would manipulate.
Generally, estate planners focus on the transfer of wealth without taking the potential negative effects on the heirs into account. Traditional estate planning:
- Transfers financial assets without considering deeper purposes, non-financial wealth or your family’s journey
- Burdens the health of the beneficiary recipient and, often, his or her marriage without support for other pillars and balance
- Fails to proactively address many sources of conflict In this way, money acts as a stress or virus your can devastate the health of a loved one and their family.
Create a Legacy that Stands the Test of Time
The Family Trust Institute’s differential philosophy provides an estate planning approach that applies the secrets of the biggest, longest lasting family legacies, including the Rothschild and Fugger families. We understand and have empathy for children born to circumstances the world would manipulate.
The Family Trust Institute’s approach:
- Understands clients’ unique personal and family balance and goals
- Coordinates with other facilitators of heir and family success. Create legal documents that communicate what is important to you
- Supports family health and skills to sustain the balance of wealth pillars with each passing generation
- Proactively addresses likely areas of conflict
- Builds on family and heir preparedness through sophisticated tax and asset protection. Our planning mirrors the balance you would share through your thoughts, relationships and assets, and how they all align with your long-term purpose – your legacy plan.
Legacy Planning Provides Heirs a Road Map to Success
We each choose what we focus on in life. These choices shape the size and makeup of our assets, the conversations in our relationships, and the levels of sophistication of our thinking. They also shape our competence for more or less financial wealth.
As a wealth-builder, your gifts of inheritance may require more competence than some heirs have developed. Without your help, these heirs have no road map or awareness of the competence needed. Without preparation and assistance to grow, they are like children with a loaded gun and no safety course or instructions. Your choice is to help them or not.
Enhancing Your Legacy
We take your vision and goals, developed through the Legacy Lifeboat System, and creates legal documents and systems that will ensure their success and fulfillment. Benchmarks, accountability, rights, and roles are all legally established and clearly defined.
Unlike traditional estate planning, our process understands the true nature of legacy and wealth transfer, both tangible and intangible, and the effect it has on heirs and future generations. Most importantly, we include your true wealth and perspective in your plan.
Take Steps To Plan Your Legacy
Evaluate your family’s odds of achieving a successful asset transition. Complete the 1O-question Estate Transition Checklist to determine how prepared you and your family are to achieve your asset transition goals.
Complete the Estate Transition Checklist
Our Personal Estate Planning Priorities Survey, in combination with the Estate Transition Checklist, will help determine your vision and goals for your estate plan and how it is administered by your heirs.
Complete the Survey: Estate Planning Priorities